- 12 fresh figs, halved
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1½ tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ cup crumbled Darigold extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 5 cups arugula, washed and dried
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss the figs with one tablespoon of oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking sheet and bake until figs are tender (10-12 minutes). Meanwhile, spread the walnuts on another baking sheet and bake until lightly browned on second rack in oven (8-10 minutes). Remove from oven and cool.
Whisk together the vinegar, honey, thyme and remaining oil in a small bowl. Whisk in cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Toss the arugula, fennel and walnuts with the vinaigrette in a large bowl. Divide between serving dishes and top with the figs.