- ½ pound spicy chicken or pork sausage, casing removed if necessary
- 1 cup shredded Darigold cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 12 mini sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons Darigold butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through and lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheddar cheese and lemon peel.
Toss the peppers with the butter, salt and ground pepper in a mixing bowl. Using your fingers, stuff the pepper cavities with the sausage mixture, dividing evenly. Arrange on a large sheet pan and bake at 450F until peppers are softened and browned (about 15 minutes). Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.