- 3 cups finely shredded mixed green and purple cabbage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (about 10 oz.) shredded roasted deli chicken
- ½ cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded Darigold cheddar cheese
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split horizontally
- 1 cup bread and butter pickles, drained
In a metal baking pan, arrange half of the tortilla chips in the center of the pan; sprinkle with half of the cheddar cheese. Add remaining chips and cheddar; spread chicken evenly over top of chips. Bake at 350°F for 2 to 3 minutes; turn pan 180 degrees and bake for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from oven and slide onto serving platter. Top nachos with salsa, green onions and jalapeños. Drizzle with lime crema and serve. Makes 4 servings.
LIME CREMA: Combine one 16 oz. carton of Darigold Mexican-style Crema Agria with 2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lime juice and 1 teaspoon grated lime peel; mix until well blended. Makes 2 cups.
*Barbacoa: a Mexican-style shredded beef slow-cooked in spices and vegetables.