- 8 slices artisan multi-grain whole-wheat bread
- ¼ cup prepared fig jam
- 8 thin slices Black Forest ham
- 8 thin slices half-sour pickles (optional; dill pickles may be substituted)
- 2 cups grated Darigold cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Darigold butter, softened
Preheat a waffle iron. Spread fig jam onto 4 slices of bread. Top with ham, pickles and cheddar cheese, dividing evenly. Cover with remaining bread slices and butter tops of sandwiches. Place one sandwich at a time on the waffle iron, butter side down, and butter remaining side. Grill until browned and cheddar cheese is melted (about 5 minutes). Remove to oven, preheated to 250F, to keep warm. Repeat with remaining sandwiches and serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.