- 1 pound shredded Darigold white cheddar cheese
- 2½ tablespoons flour
- 1 cup hard cider
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 5 cups lightly steamed mixed vegetables (like baby potatoes, cauliflower florets and Brussels sprouts)
- 2 apples, cut into pieces
- 4 cups crusty bread cubes (1-inch square)
Add cheddar cheese and flour to a mixing bowl; toss to coat and set aside. Combine the cider, garlic and mustard in a fondue pot and bring to a simmer on the stove, stirring occasionally. Remove the garlic and gradually add the cheddar cheese by the handfuls, stirring until all cheddar is melted and mixture is smooth. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Place over the fondue pot warmer and stir occasionally, adjusting flame as needed. Serve with the vegetables, apples and bread. Makes 6 to 8 servings.